Office of the Principal
I hope all of our students, families, faculty and staff have had an enjoyable and restful summer. As we approach our first day of school I’d like to provide some information.
- Although student/teacher schedules are now available in Aspen, I caution you to check for updates in the next 2 days. The Aspen rollover (transition from 2018-2019 to 2019-2020) created some room mistakes. This is true for teacher schedules, as well. We are fixing all of the errors as quickly as possible.
- The Transportation Dept has released the Bus Schedule and Bus Stop locations. They were in last Thursday’s Warwick Beacon and can also be found on the Warwick Schools website (warwickschools.org). It is very important that your child knows their bus number. Some students have a different number on the morning bus than the afternoon bus. Please make sure they know their bus number and bus stop!
- Thursday, August 29 is for Grade 6 ONLY.
- Friday, August 30 is for ALL grades.
- For those students who receive Free and Reduced Lunch, you will receive it automatically for the first 30 days but NEED to fill out the appropriate forms (found on the WPS website) within those 30 days to keep it for the year.
- Students will receive lockers and locks on their first day of school.
- We will be have a “Welcome Back” dance on Friday, Sept 6 in the WVMMS Gymnasium. Tickets will be sold Tues, Sept 3 through Fri, Sept 6 during all 4 lunches. Tickets will be $8.
- When dropping students off in the morning, parents/guardians are asked to enter the school via Fletcher Rd (near the tennis courts) and follow the traffic pattern. DO NOT PASS THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU. Pull all the way up to the drop off spot. Please be patient. Remember, its about keeping our kids SAFE. Do not pull into the front circle of the school. That is for buses only.
- When picking students up from school, please use the same area as for dropoff. The parking spots are in the middle. Students will be walking to their buses in this, area as well, so please be on the lookout for them. You must wait for the buses to pull out before you do. Do not pass buses when their red lights are flashing and when their STOP signs are out.
That is all for now. I look forward to meeting our new students and seeing those returning faces later this week.